My Life, My Obsessions

Friday, May 04, 2007

My First Animals

Here are my first attempts at making stuffed animals. The website for the patterns is listed right under each picture.
Baby Octopus
My son insisted that the octopus needed a nose.

Free Pattern

Tiny Striped Turtle
I used the left over yarn from my daughter's blanket.

Baby Dragon
I love this pattern and have made 2 1/2 (one isn't finished yet).

Free Pattern

Fish Bag

I thought these would be fun for an upcoming cruise. I made one for each kid. The other is purple.

Free Pattern

Bunnies

I owe my mom for her help with these. I had the brillant idea to make bunnies for easter. I bought the yarn and started the pattern. And then I ran out of yarn. Wal Mart stopped carrying it and Michaels did have it either. My mom bought me enough to finish just in time for Easter.

The second bunny is the white head in the basket.


Baby Seal
My first attempt at miniaturizing an animal. I used Caron Simply Soft and used a size D hook.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Your tiny animals are precious and I have seen many attempts. It was 45 yrs now, that my neighbor taught me how to crochet. My suggestion to minaturize your animal is to also try baby yarn (2-ply or fingering yarn) to make them smaller from a regular size pattern. A size "D" or "E" would be a good choice.

    Pam Little Sparrow

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home