My Life, My Obsessions

Monday, August 27, 2007

Snoopy Bag

This was my first attempt at doing a crochet graph. For those of you that have no idea what that is, you take a picture, graph it out with graph paper, and then use each square to represent a stitch. That may seem overly simplified, but it wasn't as hard as I expected. There's no pattern for the bag. It's just rectangles/squares single crocheted together and I added a magnetic snap closure, because I think they're fun.



My daughter loved it. Too bad for her, it was destined for another little girl as part of Crochetville's Small Toy Swap.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Wow, that turned out really cute. I have an idea for a charted crochet pattern but wasn't sure how difficult it would be. Mine would be much bigger than a bag, though.

    The Snoopy turned out great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:55 PM  

  • Thanks! It was nice starting out small. I'd love to do a Southwest wall hanging and felt it. I'm trying to convince my husband to draw the picture for me.

    By Blogger Emily, At 9:46 PM  

  • Great result! Can you point me in the right direction on a tute for the charted crochet patterns. I love to try it out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:12 PM  

  • There's some great information on this thread. Read all the way through it.
    http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16763

    You can do it using sc or using a special stitch and hook. I haven't tried the tunisian or afghan stitch, but you should be able to find more info here.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/cinnaminn_s/4newbies.html

    You can upload a picture to this site to graph it out. There are other websites that do it too.
    http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

    By Blogger Emily, At 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home