My Life, My Obsessions

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oobi, the friend that's always with you!

My son loves Dora, but we don't watch TV at our house. I can't justify paying that much just so we can see commercials. Instead we are members of Blockbuster online. It's cheaper and we can control what comes into our house. It's cheaper than the cost of renting a movie, so we're more willing to rent things like Dora, Wonder Pets, etc. Which means we're all happy. At least we were until my son discovered some previews to other children's shows on the last Dora DVD that we rented. It had previews of Rub-a-Tubbers, The Wiggles, Barney, and Oobi. All of which made my poor husband cringe. To him, Oobi was the worst. I thought it was quirky-funny (as opposed to really funny). For those of you that have never heard of Oobi, let me enlighten you. Oobi starts out with a catchy theme song that my son learned really quickly. During the song you see hands with eyes attached acting out various activities -cooperating to pick apples, etc. Then the show begins and four Oobis with the language skills of a 2 year old, discover pizza dough. Most of the time they speak in one or two word sentences. Great for language acquisition, but my son's been talking in complete sentences for years.

So like any truly devoted wife, I like to provide my husband a little variety in life. I accomplish this by doing occasional loving acts that I know will annoy him. Just so you don't think I'm a terrible spouse -my husband preforms random acts of annoyance too. So I made my son a pair of Oobi eyes. My husband groaned in appreciation of my thoughtful annoyance.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • OM Gosh those are great! Any chance you would tell me how you made them? I used to have cable (now we do the same as you) and when I did both my boys would flip over oobi so I would love to make some eyes for both boys. I am sure it is simple but yours turned out so great!

    By Blogger Poisonlily, At 11:41 AM  

  • The alien is pretty cool!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home