My Life, My Obsessions

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Book List

As one of my New Year's resolutions I am trying to read 25 books this year. That's just over 2 a month. It's not really a hard goal for me, but I had gotten out of the habit. I grew up with a book constantly in my hand and I've missed it. My mom jokes that when I was home sick from school, she knew I would feel good enough to go back to school when my book was finished. I also spent most of my Sophomore Geometry class reading and only occasionally glancing at what the teacher was doing on the board. Of course he was a basketball coach first and then a math teacher, plus he spent the first half of class giving us the answers to the previous day's homework.

So here is the list of what I have read so far this year. I will update it periodically.

1. All Through the Night by Mary Higgins Clark (I actually started this on Dec 31, 2007 but since I had only read the first 2 chapters before 2008 started I'm still counting it.)
2. Pretend You Don't See Her by Mary Higgins Clark
3. My Gal Sunday by Mary Higgins Clark (The characters were annoyingly perfect)
4. Dancing in the Dark by Mary Jane Clark
5. Do You Want to Know a Secret? by Mary Jane Clark
6. M is For Malice by Sue Grafton
7. O is For Outlaw by Sue Grafton
8. The Bureau of Resurrection by D. Kim Burnham
9. Against the Grain by Mary Margaret Jensen
10. Still Watch by Mary Higgins Clark
11. A Stranger is Watching by Mary Higgins Clark
12. Ordeal by Innocence by Agatha Christie
13. Murder at Hazelmoor by Agatha Christie
14. They Came to Baghdad by Agatha Christie
15. The Mirror Cracked from Side to Side by Agatha Christie
16. The Body in the Library by Agatha Christie
17. A Cry in The Night by Mary Higgins Clark
18. Where Are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark
19. Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Mary Higgins Clark
20. The Anastasia Syndrome and Other Stories by Mary Higgins Clark
21. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
22. Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
23. Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull
24. Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague by Brandon Mull
25. Peter and the Shadow Thieves by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
26. Unlikely Assassins by M. E. Cooper
27. Peter and the Secret of Rundoon by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
28. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
29. The Mad, the Bad, and the Innocent: The Criminal Mind on Trial -Tales of a Forensic Psychologist by Barbara R. Kirwin, Ph.D.
30. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
31. Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
32. Where Are You Now? by Mary Higgins Clark
33. Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson
34. Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
35. For Freedom: The Story of a French Spy by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
36. Wait Till Helen Comes: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn
37. Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman
38. Lily's Crossing by Patricia Reilly Giff
39. Games for Reading byPeggy Kaye
40. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
41. Stand the Storm by Breena Clarke
42. An Assembly Such as This: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan
43. Duty and Desire: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan
44. These Three Remain: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan
45. Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child


Currently reading
Editing a book (The Mobile Conscience: Immunity and the Laws of Sinai)
The Book of Mormon

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • LOL!!! I love reading Mary higgins clark!! Me and my twin sister did the reading thing for a resolution a few years ago~ i got to 35 books!!! I would go to the library and just randomly grab books!! Have fun!!
    Nathalie

    By Blogger gnathalie2, At 1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home