My Life, My Obsessions

Friday, December 14, 2007

Peguins!

In honor of the snow and ice storms that seem to be occurring everywhere but where we live, I made penguins. Of course, when you find irresistible patterns, you make them regardless of the weather. Both penguins are headed for Kristie's Toy Drive come summer. It gets way to hot to keep penguins in Phoenix during the summer.



The pattern on the left is from Lionbrand's website. It's an easy pattern and works up really fast.

The one on the right is from Peggytoes. The pattern actually calls for black eyelash yarn for all the black parts. It makes a really cute fuzzy penguin. However, I didn't have enough and I hate working with it. So I tend to do fuzzy yarn projects when the kids are in bed. But I just couldn't wait to try out this pattern. Fortunately he looks pretty cute in just plain old Red Heart Super Saver. I left off some of the details from the original pattern. Partly because I prefer the simplistic and because I wanted it to be a little less girly.

Peggy Read is giving away a copy of the pattern for the large penguin (she has one in thread too) if you have donated to Kristie's Toy Drive in the past or as soon as you donate one for the upcoming drive. You have until June 2008 for the current drive.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • both are just soo cute! and I might have to try them!

    By Blogger Anita, At 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home