My Life, My Obsessions

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Christmas

I had a great Christmas. The best part is that I got presents that will fuel my crafty obsessions. It actually started with my birthday a month earlier. My mom gave me a needle felting kit. It came with a felted purse, wool roving, felting needles, and beads. The idea is that you can use the felting needles (which have barbed tips like a fish hook) to attach the wool roving (wool that hasn't been spun) to the felted purse. It came with a design and easy step by step instructions. My mom also sent extra needles and roving in other colors. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it even though I'm really excited about it. However, it has also gotten me excited about the whole felting process.

So for Christmas my kids were ever so thoughtful and bought me Patons Classic Merino Wool in black. OK, I picked it out, but I did take my son to the store with me. So I have now started a black purse/diaper bag that will be my first adventure in felting. I have spent too many years carrying ugly diaper bags and now just buy big purses instead. I couldn't find a pattern I like and have started my own. I have started and restarted a few times. I'm trying to keep it fairly simple since I'm not sure how felting will alter the final results.

This year El Guapo (aka my cute hubby) actually surprised me. He tries really hard each year, but it's very hard to surprise me. This year he succeeded. He got me a jewelry box. The kind I've wanted for quite a while. The other gift was Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker book. Which just goes to show that he really does pay attention when I talk about crochet stuff. I've read parts and like it so far, but it's not a book for everyone. If you're offended by the term "butt load" this book is not for you. I haven't really looked at the stitch diagrams and instructions, so I'm not sure how this book would be for a beginner. Hopefully I'll be able to get to a couple projects from it soon. When I get a few other projects finished up first.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home