My Life, My Obsessions

Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Travel-sized Dragon

My family has a tradition that began when I was a little girl. Every time my dad had to travel without the family, we would sneak a stuffed animal into his suitcase. We got really good at being secretive. Since then I have continued the tradition with my husband. Now that my brother-in-law is going on a church mission, I plan on sharing the tradition with him. He will be in Germany for 2 years and is leaving the end of June.

Suitcase space is precious when you get 2 bags that have to hold 2 years worth of clothes, etc. So I made a mini-dragon for him. We're going to visit right before he leaves, so I'll have a chance to hide it in his suitcase with a note explaining the tradition.

I used a D-hook and Caron Simply Soft. I think it turned out alright, but my son says he doesn't like it. There's a crayon in the picture to show size.

Free Pattern

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • All of your animals are precious! You are so creative!

    By Blogger sara, At 4:18 AM  

  • I love that little dragon! And adding a small stuffed animal to the suitcase is a sweet tradition!

    By Blogger Slicer, At 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home