My Life, My Obsessions

Monday, September 10, 2007

Spider

My son is under the impression that I should buy him something everytime I go to the store. Even when he's not there. When I drop him off at preschool he tells me to go to WalMart and buy him something. So when we went to JoAnns, he fell in love with a spider that he just had to have. Needless to say, I didn't buy it for him. I did tell him that I could make him one though. So after waiting for 2 weeks, I finally got around to making his spider for him.

I used Patons ChaCha in purple together with Red Heart Super Saver in black and a big hook (size N?). The body is just a flat ball shape. The head is a bowl shape (not a complete sphere), stuffed and sewn on.

The legs are sc-ed over pipe cleaners so that they are bendable and match the rest of the spider. I bent over the ends of the pipecleaners and tied the yarn to the bent end before starting. Then sc along the pipecleaner, stopping 1/2 inch before the end. Fasten off, and leave a long tail for sewing. I glued the pipecleaner on, and then used the tail to sew it in place. So the legs should survive two small children!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home