My Life, My Obsessions

Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Costumes

Not only did I finish the 1 1/2 costumes on time, I was able to throw together a last minute costume for me as well. It's been years since I dressed up, and I realized that I was going to be the only one not in costume. So while my daughter was napping I crocheted little ears and a tail and I went as a lab rat. I got the lab coat from my dad a couple years ago (My dad is an immunologist and does skin cancer research on mice.)

The Phantom cape turned out really good, but not because of my sewing skills. The fabric was perfect for a cape. It was lightweight and flowy (not a real word, but you get the idea). I finished it while Hubby was at work so I tried it on myself. Capes are fun to walk around in with the cape billowing out behind you. I can see the appeal.

So here we are: Phantom of the Opera in the back, Batman, a lab rat, and our Butterfly Princess who refused to wear her wings. Taking pictures with kids is an adventure. What did we do before digital cameras?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Flowy is too a real word! LOL!

    I love the lab rat idea.

    I had a chef's jacket. I should've gone as Remy from Ratatouille!

    By Blogger Willow, At 8:27 PM  

  • Lab rat is an adorable idea! Too funny that the Butterfly Princess refused to wear her wings!

    By Blogger Anita, At 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home