Baby Polar Bear
So what does this have to do with the baby polar bear? Obviously you haven't seen Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus over and over like I have. Early in the movie Anika (aka Barbie) adopts an orphaned polar bear cub and names her Shiver because the bear cub is cold and shivering. Shiver is not only Anika's cute little sidekick throughout the movie, but she also causes a fair amount of problems for Anika. But that's alright because she's cute.
So after seeing hours and hours of Shiver frolicking around on screen, I made my own little polar bear cub.
Before you ask, I'm not going to sell this pattern. Instead you have to "pay it forward." I will send you the pattern for free, but you have to promise to do something kind for someone else in return. If you'd like to participate, email me at eebrs(at)yahoo(dot)com. Make sure you put "Polar Bear Pattern Request" (or something similar) in the subject line.
The pdf is also available for download from Ravelry.com! Hopefully the link works. Let me know if it doesn't.
I would love to keep a running list of the service that has been rendered to others as part of the "pay it forward." I'll only list the service you rendered, not your name. If you would like your deed added to the list, let me know.
Pay it Forward Services Rendered:
- Toys donated to Kristie's Kids Toy Drive benefiting the University of Minnesota Fairview Childrens Hospital.
- Donated 15 balls of crochet thread to a local charity quilt club.
- A daughter's promise to treat her mother with respect and help out more at home.
- Making a polar bear for Granmar sick with cancer.
- Donating old toys to a charity shop.
- Making something nice for another person.
- Making and donating "snugglies" for local animal shelters -along with toys and food.
- Making hats for Inocent Smoothies which in turn donates 50p to keeping the elderly warm.
- Donating toys to the local fire and police departments.
- Making the bear as a gift for a friend in need.
- Brightening the day of a sick little girl.
- Donating to the local children's hospital.
- Donating to the local Firemen's Toy Drive.